31 October 2008

top 2 favorite halloween sightings

i am semi-lame and avoiding the crazy nyc halloween scene this year. i'll be home on my couch watching The Ring for the first time and probably inducing a week of insomnia (because let's face it, i'm a big fat wuss when it comes to scary movies. i watch them through the cracks between my fingers).

but i saw 2 things that made me laugh today:

1. a big black shaggy dog taking a walk with his owner. he had a thick line of cotton attached somehow to his back so that he was dressed up as a (wait for it) skunk. it was pretty funny.

2. two girls between the ages of 10-13. i feel like an alarming number of girls that age these days are dressing sorta skanky on halloween (and other random days of the year). i realize this makes me sound like my mother. i don't really care. but anyway, these girls were wearing matching clothes and they were both sharing a giant cardigan sweater--each with one arm in the armhole, so that they were conjoined twins. awesome? yes.

school was remarkably uneventful for a typically crazy day. although i did have to confiscate a phone during classtime, and the girl i took it from did definitely call me the "b word." ouch. what she didn't realize is that when you call someone a profane name, it tends to make them less likely to actually give you what you want. whoops.

1 comment:

Dava said...

I too have grown lazy on Halloween, even though it was my fave as a kid. I loved this:
http://slog.thestranger.com/2008/10/bravo_humanity

I can't help it. I'm a sucker for dog costumes.